Join Our Team
"The secret of our success is the people we recruit – and we’re looking for the best."
INTERN ASSOCIATEJob Requirements
- Self-motivated and comfortable with on-the-job learning.
- Adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment as they may be assigned to concurrent projects with demanding timelines.
- Superior critical thinking skills and a keen ability to synthesize a broad range of information and data types in order to generate “big picture” conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing demeanor are essential as much of our primary research requires reaching out to people with whom we have no previous relationship.
- “Above average” proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint is also a plus.
- While not strict requirements, we also look for:
- Demonstrated superior academic accomplishment: in the top half of their class from the most selective universities/colleges or the top quartile of other top tier colleges/universities. We are open to considering MBA interns as well. The level of responsibility assigned will be commensurate with each candidate’s experience.
- Proven capability with quantitative analysis, often through significant course work in and exposure to quantitative/analytical fields such as engineering, statistics, quantitative sciences, math, or advanced economics.
- Strong writing skills where the audience is composed of senior executives.
- Prior business experience and understanding of business fundamentals.
- Appropriate for someone entering his/her senior year of college or someone who has had full-time professional work experience.
- Interns are an important part of our team and are provided challenging work on critical projects working directly with our CEO, Partners, Principals and Associates.
- Associate Interns contribute heavily to primary and secondary research efforts and will be responsible for some data synthesis and report drafting.
- Additional responsibilities may include organizing the project start-up process and coordinating project logistics. Interns can expect to be assigned to 1-2 projects over the course of the internship.
- Associate Interns will shadow full-time members of our team, participate in senior meetings and be given opportunities to personally and professionally connect with our partner group.
- Background in business concepts: ability to read and evaluate P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- One or more years work experience in financial analysis (investment banking, consulting, accounting, investment
- One or more years work experience in financial analysis (investment banking, consulting, accounting, investment research, etc.) is desirable, but may not be a strict requirement depending on the candidates other qualifications
- Must have strong work ethic with willingness to work long hours
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Ability to extract key points, apply business judgment and synthesize messages from multiple sources of information
- Disciplined project management approach: consistently takes initiative and ownership, able to work independently, organizes, manages multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Important personal qualities include: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, self-confidence and a desire to grow and take on leadership roles. Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Associates likely graduated from a top business school
- Integral part of the entrepreneurial team developing and growing our business.
- Conduct industry and company research, run NHR’s underlying analytical valuation and benchmarking models, and be responsible for creating client-ready research products.
- Associates will build their ability to assess industry attractiveness and the competitive position of specific companies, as well as honing their knowledge of financial measurement and valuation techniques.
- Based on success in mastering the elements of company research and report writing, we expect Associates to quickly move into a team leader position where they will help NHR grow by managing a team of newer employees.
- Associates may create client-ready research products and presentations and may also grow to interface directly with clients, help to gain additional clients, and assist in assessing and developing new businesses.
- Associates will fill in as needed on a wide variety of roles associated with starting a successful and dynamic business.
CONTRACT MARKET RESEARCH CONSULTANTJob Requirements
- Our preferred core consultants typically have extensive strategy consulting experience as well as prior experience in conducting market interviews.
- At times we also seek specific industry expertise for specific assignments and may not require prior consulting experience.
- In all cases consultants must be professional, honest and willing to meet deadline commitments once agreed upon.
- Assist with conducting market research, largely market interviews, to support clients' investment and strategy decisions.
- Researchers will be responsible for contacting market participants, scheduling interviews, conducting interviews, writing up notes and assisting in synthesis of findings as needed.
- Work is project based. Each project typically lasts 2-8 weeks. Time commitments are flexible and vary from 15 hours/week to full time.
- Typical consultants are professionals between career steps, individuals taking time away from full-time commitments for family reasons, and those pursuing start-ups or alternative careers who would like to supplement their income.
- Location is not important within US as work is remote.